The College relies upon the support of private individuals, companies and foundations to supplement state support. These gifts fund the special programs and student support that is critical to the high quality education the CAED maintains. In addition, this private support allows the flexibility necessary to meeting changing needs of equipment and other resources.
Gifts make it possible for departments to establish endowments which will continue to support the College in perpetuity. Other, smaller gifts make it possible for department heads and the dean to support many activities critical to the education of tomorrow’s design, planning and construction leaders.
Examples of projects supported by private gifts include:
- Named studios and labs. These opportunities provide support for a studio or lab and are usually tied to a specific research agenda: sustainability, housing, etc.
- Support for student leadership initiatives.
- Scholarships for students.
- Senior project / thesis support for students.
- Scholarships for faculty to acquire teaching and research skills.
- Sponsorship of off campus student travel.
- Visiting lecturers who bring new knowledge to campus and inspire students and faculty alike.
- Acquisitions for the NRC (books, journals and sample materials).
Anyone interested in learning more about these or other opportunities may email Lorna Malcolm at email@example.com.
For more information about giving, go to the Cal Poly Giving web site.