Welcome to the CAED Advising Center
Ellen Notermann, Director
Mitra Nafisi, Academic Advisor
Location: Architecture Building (05), room 210
Walk-in and appointment hours:
Monday-Friday 9 am-4:00 pm
Advising Center Services
The CAED Advising Center provides academic advising and related services as listed below to students in the five majors in the CAED (Architecture, Architectural Engineering, City & Regional Planning, Construction Management and Landscape Architecture).
- Academic advising and schedule planning
- Academic probation advising
- Articulation agreements, curriculum sheets, flowcharts
- Change of major information
- College and University policies and procedures
- Coordination of new student orientation programs
- General Education and Breadth requirements (GE&B)
- Information on CAED programs
- Information on jobs, scholarships, competitions
- Process student-related forms such as curriculum substitution, course withdrawal, course conflict, change of major, etc.
- Referral to university resources
- Review of student's academic record
- Tutoring information
Frequently Asked Questions web page
Study 25-35 Hours/Week
The College of Architecture and Environmental Design Advising Center supports the "Study 25-35 Hours per Week" program.
25-35: What is it?
Students do not study enough
45% of college students study 10 hours/week or less
Academic success is your responsibility; you must approach your coursework as a 40-50 hour work week
Study 2 hours/week or 25-35 hours
Good study habits are the foundation of a successful career at Cal Poly
Probation & Disqualification
An undergraduate student is automatically placed on academic probation when his or her grade point average drops below 2.0 for the current term, the Cal Poly cumulative, or the higher education cumulative.
Refer to the Cal Poly Academic Probation & Disqualification Policy web page for additional information.