CAED Technical Support
CAED Tech Team
Building 05, Room 105A
Cal Poly students, faculty, and staff may download various software titles at no cost or purchase software at a significant discount. Below is a list of commonly used software in the CAED and links on how to obtain the software.
- Office 365 Applications (Free from Cal Poly Office 365 online account)
- Adobe® Creative Cloud (Discounted for students and free to faculty)
- AutoDesk Education Products (Free from AutoDesk Education)
- Rhinocerous 6 (Download Rhino 90 day evaulation and purchase license at a discount in the Cal Poly University Store - "not available online")
- SketchUp Pro (Students purchase from Creation Engine and free to faculty)
- Microsoft Project and other Microsoft Software (Free download - "Sign In" with your full Cal Poly email address, click "Software" and search for "Project"
- Microsoft Windows 10 Education (Free download of ISO and Product Key - "Sign In" with your full Cal Poly email address, click "Software" and search for "windows 10 consumer 1903")
The CAED does not provide support for Boot Camp so make sure you have it up and running "before" coming to Cal Poly. If you have a Mac and your department requires you to run software that only runs on Windows for full dedicated processing and video power, this method of installing Windows on a Mac would best suit your needs. You will need at least 200 GB of free space on your Mac. Dedicate/partition at least 150 GB of hard drive space to Windows when installing Boot Camp.
Installing Boot Camp instructions
OneDrive is a component of the Cal Poly Office 365 suite and provides 1 TB (terabyte) of cloud storage. OneDrive allows users to upload and share files, in addition to creating and editing Office documents through a Web browser.
CAED Computer Labs
To use your department's computer lab, you need to login with your Cal Poly Portal username and password. If you cannot login please check with the Cal Poly Service Desk 756-7000 to make sure your account is not locked.
The CAED has various computer labs that provide printing. Please visit the following link to help understand the printing process.
The CAED provides large format printing at a discount on heavy bond paper at 36" and 42" widths.
To get connected to the Cal Poly wireless network please refer to "WiFi - Connect to Cal Poly Networks" for a complete set of directions. If you have any questions about your Cal Poly Portal username or password, contact the Cal Poly Service Desk 756-7000 or walk into the Natatorium - Building 46.