CAED Technical Support
CAED Tech Team
Building 05, Room 105A
Cal Poly students, faculty, and staff may download various software titles at no cost or purchase software at a significant discount. Below is a list of commonly used software in the CAED and links on how to obtain the software and liceneses. Cal Poly is also working to make various applications available in Virtual Computer Labs. Please check the following link to see if the app you need is available.
Virtual Computer Labs Applications
- Office 365 Applications (Free from Cal Poly Office 365 online account)
- Adobe® Creative Cloud (Discounted for students and free to faculty)
- AutoDesk Education Products (Free from AutoDesk Education)
- Rhinocerous 6 - Mac and Windows (Purchase license at a discount in the Cal Poly University Store - "not available online" and download latest version from Rhino website)
- SketchUp Pro - Mac and Windows (Students purchase from Creation Engine and free to faculty)
- Microsoft Project and other Microsoft Software - Windows (Free download - "Sign In" with your full Cal Poly email address, click "See all Software" and search for "Project"
- Microsoft Windows 10 Education (Free download of ISO and Product Key - "Sign In" with your full Cal Poly email address, click "See all Software" and search for "Windows 10 (consumer editions), version 1909")
- Lumion Pro Student - Windows (Free license)
- Bluebeam Revu - Windows (Check with your instructor for a free license)
- V-Ray for Rhino - Windows (Check with your instructor for a discounted license)
The CAED does not provide support for Boot Camp so make sure you have it up and running "before" coming to Cal Poly. If you have a Mac and your department requires you to run software that only runs on Windows for full dedicated processing and video power, this method of installing Windows on a Mac would best suit your needs. You will need at least 200 GB of free space on your Mac. Dedicate/partition at least 150 GB of hard drive space to Windows when installing Boot Camp.
Installing Boot Camp instructions
OneDrive is a component of the Cal Poly Office 365 suite and provides 1 TB (terabyte) of cloud storage. OneDrive allows users to upload and share files, in addition to creating and editing Office documents through a Web browser.