College of Architecture & Environmental Design Tours
Are you a prospective student or alumni who is interested in architectural engineering, architecture, city and regional planning, construction management, or landscape architecture? The CAED Student Ambassadors are pleased to assist with your visit!
We typically offer an overview tour of all five departments each Monday at 2:10-3:00 pm and Friday at 10:10-11 am during the academic year (see exceptions below). Registration is not required for our regularly scheduled tours.
College tours begin in the lobby of the College of Architecture & Environmental Design, Building 05, Room 212, and are led by the CAED Ambassadors.
- If you would like to visit outside of the listed tour times, you may submit a special tour request here. After submitting the request, please wait for us to contact you and confirm the tour time. To cancel a special request tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are visiting when tours are not available, you may use the Self-Guided Tour Map to explore our facilities.
To learn more about the CAED Student Ambassadors click here.
For questions or additional information, contact the CAED Ambassadors at email@example.com.
CAED Tour Times
CAED tours are NOT available during the first week of the quarter, finals week, weekends, holidays, winter break and summer break.
Ambassador-led tours will not be available:
- Veterans Day- November 12
- Thanksgiving- November 19-25
- Winter Break- December 16-January 6
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day- January 21
- Washington's Birthday- February 18
- Spring Break- March 25- April 1
- Memorial Day- May 27
- Summer Break- June 17- September 2019
(Click here for the current academic calendar).
2:10-3pm on Mondays or 10:10-11 am on Fridays (SEE EXCLUSIONS ABOVE)
Architecture Bldg. 05, Room 212.
9:30 a.m - 11:40 p.m or 1:30-3:40pm
|University Tour||University Union (UU), Bldg. 65|
|12:30 p.m - 1:00 p.m||Lunch||Near University Union (UU), Bldg. 19|
|3:00 p.m - 4:00 p.m||University Housing Tour||Front of Admin. Bldg. 1|
(Note: Tour times subject to change)
You can register for a university campus tour at Cal Poly Guided Tours.
Frequently Asked Questions
For prospective and newly admitted students, here are a list of CAED FAQ's commonly asked during the Ambassador tours.
Parking and Campus Map
Be sure to allow time to purchase a parking permit before the tour. Daily parking permits can be purchased for $5.00 at the visitor information center at the Grand Avenue entrance of campus, or at pay stations found in General Parking lots. Metered spaces are also available throughout campus, though many have time limits of less than two hours. A campus map shows nearby parking lots and pay stations (for a legend of parking symbols on the campus map, click Help and on the drop-down menu, select Parking).
Parking on campus is limited and lots are spread out, so allow extra time to walk from your car.