College of Architecture & Environmental Design Tours
Are you a prospective student or alumni who is interested in architectural engineering, architecture, city and regional planning, construction management, or landscape architecture? The CAED Student Ambassadors are pleased to assist with your visit!
We offer an overview tour of all five departments each Monday at 11:10 am-12:00 pm and Friday at 10:10-11:00 am (see exceptions below). We are also now offering one weekend tour a month, usually on the third Saturday of the month at 11:10 am-12:00 pm (check for correct days below). Registration is not required for our regularly scheduled tours, however it does help us plan our tours better.
College tours begin in the lobby of the College of Architecture & Environmental Design, Building 05, Room 212, and are led by the CAED Ambassadors.
- If you would like to visit outside of the listed tour times, please email email@example.com. Please only request a special tour if you can't make a regularly scheduled tour.
- If you are visiting when tours are not available, you may use the Self-Guided Tour Map to explore our facilities.
To learn more about the CAED Student Ambassadors click here.
For questions or additional information, contact the CAED Ambassadors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAED Tour Times
Our weekend tours for fall quarter will occur on the following dates from 11:10 am-12:00 pm:
- Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Saturday, November 16, 2019
- Saturday, December 7, 2019 (Note: this is not the third Saturday of the month)
CAED tours are NOT available during the first week of the quarter, finals week, weekends, holidays, winter break and summer break.
Ambassador-led tours will not be available:
- Veterans Day- November 11
- Thanksgiving- November 25 - December 1
- Winter Break- December 15 - January 5
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day- January 20
- Washington's Birthday- February 17
- Spring Break- March 23 - 29
- Memorial Day- May 25
- Summer Break- June 15 - September 2020
(Click Here for the current academic calendar).
11:10am-12pm on Mondays or 10:10-11 am on Fridays
(SEE EXCLUSIONS ABOVE)
Architecture Bldg. 05, Room 212.
9:30 am - 11:40 am or 1:30 -3:40 pm
|University Tour||University Union (UU), Bldg. 65|
|1:00 - 1:30 pm||Lunch||Near University Union (UU), Bldg. 19|
|12:10 pm - 1:00 pm or 3:40 - 4:30 pm||University Housing Tour||Front of Admin. Bldg. 1|
(Note: Tour times subject to change)
You can register for a university campus tour, housing tour, or CAED tour at Cal Poly Guided Tours.
Frequently Asked Questions
For prospective and newly admitted students, here are a list of CAED FAQ's commonly asked during the Ambassador tours.
Parking and Campus Map
Be sure to allow time to purchase a parking permit before the tour. Daily parking permits can be purchased for $5.00 at the visitor information center at the Grand Avenue entrance of campus, or at pay stations found in General Parking lots. Metered spaces are also available throughout campus, though many have time limits of less than two hours. A campus map shows nearby parking lots and pay stations (for a legend of parking symbols on the campus map, click Help and on the drop-down menu, select Parking).
Parking on campus is limited and lots are spread out, so allow extra time to walk from your car.