College of Architecture & Environmental Design Tours
Overview of Tours and Times
Are you a prospective student or alumni who is interested in architectural engineering, architecture, city and regional planning, construction management, or landscape architecture? The CAED Student Ambassadors are pleased to assist with your visit!
We typically offer an overview tour of all five departments each Monday and Friday at 10:00 am during the academic year (see exceptions below). If you're not able to schedule a tour during the scheduled times, you may also explore our facilities through a Self-Guided Tour or a special request tour.
Scheduling a Tour
College tours begin in the lobby of the College of Architecture & Environmental Design, Building 05, Room 212, and are led by the CAED Ambassadors.
There will be NO tours offered during spring break March 27-31, finals week June 12-16, summer June 17-September 6, or the first week of Fall quarter September 7-15.
- Registration is not required for our regularly scheduled Monday and Friday 10:00am tours. For Spring quarter 2017, tour dates are as follows:
- April 10,14,17,21,24,28; May 1,5,8,12,15,19,22,26; June 2,5,9.
- Extra spring tours: April 3,4,5,6,7 and April 11,12,13,14 at 10:00am. On Saturday, April 8th, walk-in tours will be offered between 10am-4pm. No registration required.
- If you would like to visit outside of the listed tour times, you may submit a special tour request here. After submitting the request, please wait for us to contact you and confirm the tour time.
2. If you are visiting when tours are not available, you may use the Self-Guided Tour Map to explore our facilities.
3. If you would like to receive additional information from our admissions office as a prospective student, you may do so by setting up a VIP page here.
To learn more about the CAED Student Ambassadors click here.
For questions or additional information, contact the CAED Ambassadors at email@example.com.
Canceling a Tour
Parking and Campus Map
Be sure to allow time to purchase a parking permit before the tour. Daily parking permits can be purchased for $5.00 at the visitor information center at the Grand Avenue entrance of campus, or at pay stations found in General Parking lots. Metered spaces are also available throughout campus, though many have time limits of less than two hours. A campus map shows nearby parking lots and pay stations (for a legend of parking symbols on the campus map, click Help and on the drop-down menu, select Parking).
Parking on campus fills up quickly, so allow extra time to walk from your car. Traffic on campus is very congested between 10 minutes before the hour and 10 minutes after the hour, as students move from class to class.
University-Wide Campus Tours
Other tours are available during your campus visit. The University Tour provides an overview of all six colleges, campus, and facilities such as the new Recreation Center.
CAED tours are NOT available during the first week of the quarter, finals week, weekends, holidays, and summer break. (Click here for the current academic calendar).
10:00 a.m - 10:50 a.m
Monday and Friday
(SEE EXCLUSIONS ABOVE)
Architecture Bldg. 05, Room 212.
|11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m||University Tour||University Union (UU), Bldg. 65|
|12:30 p.m - 1:00 p.m||Lunch||Near University Union (UU), Bldg. 19|
|1:00 p.m - 2:30 p.m||Admissions Information Session||University Union (UU)|
|3:00 p.m - 4:00 p.m||University Housing Tour||Front of Admin. Bldg. 1|
(Note: Tour times subject to change)
You can register for a university campus tour at Cal Poly Guided Tours.
Frequently Asked Questions
For prospective and newly admitted students, here are a list of CAED FAQ's commonly asked during the Ambassador tours.