CAED Dean's Cup 2019 Golf Tournament
A Collegial Golf Tournament for the Benefit of the
College of Architecture and Environmental Design (CAED)
Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
GOLF TOURNAMENT OVERVIEW:
CAED Honored Alums Doug Austin (’71), Scott Gaudineer (’80), Wally Gordon (’80), and Phil Serna (’94) invite you to join the second annual CAED Dean’s Cup Golf Tournament. The winning teams of four regional tournaments – Pasadena, Sacramento, San Francisco and San Diego – will play the championship final in Pebble Beach this September. This charity tournament benefits College of Architecture and Environmental Design students through the CAED Learn by Doing Student Jobs Fund. Help us reach our goal of $50,000 to support professional experiences for current CAED students!
GOAL: Collegiality and fundraising to support the CAED Learn by Doing Student Jobs Fund.
FORMAT: Four (4) one-day Qualifying Tournaments (statewide) culminating in a single Championship Tournament in Pebble Beach at one of America’s premier golf clubs – Monterey Peninsula Country Club. Championship Tournament to be composed of winners of each Qualifying Tournament. Scoring at qualifier tournaments will be based on Stableford format that allows players to remain competitive throughout a day of golf and not be eliminated by a few bad holes of play. CAED Receptions will be hosted after each tournament and will be open for players and alumni in the area.
- Sponsorships may be from any CAED alumni, family or non-alumni CAED supporter.
- Sponsorship of more than one player and more than one Qualifying Tournament is allowed. Sponsorship of the same player in more than one Qualifying Tournament is allowed, based on availability.
- Suggested donation of $500 per player position in each Qualifying Tournament. A portion of your payment will cover the cost to play, such as green fees, and the remainder will be given credit as a donation. The post-tournament CAED Reception is included with this golf registration donation.
- Suggested donation of $25 per alumni and guest(s) to attend one post tournament CAED Reception.
- Donation made to:
- Sponsorship of CAED student players is encouraged. Students will be invited upon request.
- Players must be CAED alum, student, non-alumni supporter, or identified by CAED alumni as family or CAED supporter.
- Players are eligible to play in multiple qualifying tournaments, based upon availability.
- All players must have current GHIN index.
- An 18 GHIN index maximum allowed for all players. Players with greater than 18 GHIN are allowed to play but will not be allowed to utilize more than an 18 GHIN index, for scoring purposes.
- Ladies will be allowed to play from forward tees.
- Championship Tournament players will be composed of each of the qualifying tournament winners. A fourth Championship Tournament player may be included based on a methodology to be determined by the Tournament Committee. In the event that a Qualifying Tournament player cannot compete in the Championship Tournament, the sponsor of the qualifying tournament champion will submit a substitution to the Tournament Committee for review. CAED Students in good standing will be given first priority as substitute players for the championship round. The substitute player will be approved only if deemed of equivalent status in terms of CAED alumni, family alumni or supporter of the CAED. It is encouraged that all Championship Tournament players be composed of the players of the Qualifying Tournaments.
- Stableford Scoring
- Scoring is determined based on net score using most recent GHIN index
- 0 pt for less than bogey
- 1 pt for bogey
- 2 pts for par
- 3 pts for birdie
- 4 pts for eagle
- 5 pts for albatross
- 4 maximum foursomes per Qualifying Tournament (16 maximum players).
- Multiple entrants may come from a single sponsor in each event and at multiple qualifying tournaments.
- 4 statewide qualifying tournaments concluding in fall championship tournament.
- All participants are eligible to play a practice round at Monterey Peninsula Country Club (MPCC) in Pebble Beach.
Friday, March 29, 2019 – late morning tee times:
Annandale Golf Club
One North San Rafael Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91105
Friday, May 10, 2019 – morning tee times:
Ancil Hoffman Golf Club
6700 Tarshes Drive
Sacramento (Carmichael), CA 95608
Friday, June 21, 2019 – TBD tee times:
California Golf Club of San Francisco
844 West Orange Avenue
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Friday, August 9, 2019 – TBD tee times:
Torrey Pines Golf Club
11480 North Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, CA 92037
CHAMPIONSHIP PRACTICE & FINAL ROUNDS:
Friday & Saturday, September 13 & 14, 2019 – TBD tee times:
Monterey Peninsula Country Club
One Club Drive
Pebble Beach, CA 93953