CAED Transfer Students
We're so glad you are here! CAED Advising is excited to support transfer students as they transition to and through Cal Poly.
To help ease that transition, we’ve put together some information specific to our college – check it out below.
Additionally, we encourage you to explore the general academic advising information for all Cal Poly transfer students and to connect with the Transfer Center for campus wide transfer resources, events, and support.
Future Transfer Students
If you are a future Cal Poly transfer student, please visit Cal Poly Admissions for application criteria and deadlines.
Newly Admitted Transfer Students
- Congratulations! Check out this Recently Admitted Transfer Student Information.
- Don't worry about transfer credits just yet. The processing will take some time, but you'll be notified when your credits have been evaluated. Learn more about transfer credit from the Office of the Registrar.
Explore these helpful transfer specific resources for recently accepted transfer students and these tips and resources for different transfer transitions you may face. Also, you can read advice for transfer students from Cal Poly staff, students, and faculty to help you prepare for coming to Cal Poly.
Register for and attend both SLO Days and Week of Welcome (WOW). During each of these orientation events, you'll get a chance to meet us! We'll get you acquainted with Cal Poly and make sure you have all the important information about fall registration.
CAED Transfer SLO Day session will be on August 26, 2020
For more information please click the link below.
Major Specific Resources
Suggested Courses for CAED Transfers
First Quarter at Cal Poly
Here are some important things to do during your first quarter at Cal Poly.
From now on, you'll register as a continuing student. The overall process remains the same, but the details will be different from when you registered for fall quarter.
Each quarter you will be assigned a date/time for registration, which is listed on the right side of the Student Center. This date and time is based on your actual academic progress level (how many degree applicable units you have completed), which is found on your academic progress gauge in PolyProfile. It will be updated after week 4 each quarter.
If you have questions about what to plan or how to use these tools, please contact CAED Advising Center.
- It's important to get to know your CAED Advisors.
- We highly recommend connecting with your faculty advisor right away.
- Your major department's administrative staff is a great resource.
- Schedule an appointment with your CAED Career Counselor, Jade Moreno
- Make connection with our college librarian, Jesse Vestermark
- Get to know the Transfer Center staff.
The Transfer Center is a great resource and physical space to connect with current transfer students, find community, study, and more.
- Stop by their space – Building 52, Room E-30 – for coffee, a place to study or heat up your lunch, to connect with a transfer student assistant, and more.
- Attend a Transfer Center Program or Event – bowling, study breaks, dialogues, and more!
- During October we celebrate National Transfer Student Week!
Email email@example.com for any questions you may have or for support in connecting to resources across campus.